Sangeet Sammilan of Sangeet Bharati is a periodic milan (parliament or anubhava mantap) of music enthusiasts, conducted voluntarily by volunteers (karyakartas). A milan can happen weekly, bi-monthly or monthly as per local needs.
If the milan is planned for 90 minutes to two hours, program can be structured like below.
1. Prarthana: Shanti mantra or Saraswati prarthana – 2 minutes.
2. Baudhik: Talk on music, musicians etc (Lakshana Sangeet / Music theory/ Story telling) – 28 minutes.
3. Pratyakshik: 30 minutes of performance by volunteering music student, teacher or vidwans. Performance focuses on training the audience and as well as musicians to enjoy a concert and appreciate the music.
4. Milan: Music jam by the gatherings – 30 to 60 minutes.
5. Yojana for next sammilan: Location like volunteer home, identifying karyakarta to lead each of the above items and other logistics – 5 minutes.
6. Samaapan or conclusion: With shanti mantra.
One volunteer may be chosen to implement the anushasan like keeping time.